To: Students enrolled in Summer 2017
From: Larry Lockwood, Assistant Provost/University Registrar
Subject: Summer 2017 Starting Soon!
Date: May 20, 2017
Summer 2017 Classes Starting Soon!
You are receiving this email because you are currently enrolled in at least one Summer 2017 course.
Undergraduate courses in the 4-week, 6-week (I), and 12-week sessions will begin on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, not Monday, May 15. MyUI reflects "First Session Day is May 16" in the Notes field under Registration Information for any affected courses.
- Changes in registration will not be available for students in MyUI once the course has begun. When MyUI has closed, all changes must be processed at the Registrar's Service Center, 17 Calvin Hall.
- If a course requires special permission, students should see the department before adding the course in MyUI.
- Students can join a waitlist if the option is available in MyUI. Students should not use a Change of Registration Form until the waitlist option is no longer accessible.
- Changes in registration for Distance Education Courses (online, GIS, off-campus) can also be processed at the Division of Continuing Education, 250 CEF (319-335-2575) firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Change of Registration Form is available on the Office of the Registrar website or MyUI. Please click here to determine the signatures needed.
Students Not Returning:
- Students not returning to the University for a summer session must drop their entire summer enrollment before May 15, 2017, to prevent being held for tuition and fee assessment.
- All summer courses should be dropped prior to the first day of class in MyUI.
- If MyUI has closed, please contact the Registrar's Service Center, in 17 CALH, at email@example.com or 319-384-4300.
Residence hall contracts must be canceled separately by sending a signed letter including your name, address, contact information (phone and email), and University ID number to University Housing and Dining, 4141 Burge Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242.
The first summer session University Bill is due June 22, 2017. You can view and pay online via MyUI. Failure to make the minimum payment by that date will result in a late payment. Contact University Billing, 5 CALH, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-335-0071 with questions.
The Summer Academic Calendar is available on the Office of the Registrar's website.
Please contact the Registrar Service Center, 17 CALH, at email@example.com or 319-384-4300, if you have any questions.