Number of Class Sessions
- 4 Week Session (May 15 – June 7)
- MTWTh: 14 meeting days
- 6 Week Session I (May 15 – June 21)
- MW: 10 meeting days
- TTh: 12 meeting days
- MTW: 16 meeting days
- TWTh: 18 meeting days
- MTWTh: 22 meeting days
- 6 Week Session II (June 25 – August 2)
- MW: 11 meeting days
- TTh: 12 meeting days
- MTW: 17 meetings days
- TWTh: 17 meeting days
- MTWTh: 23 meeting days
- 8 Week Session (June 11 – August 2)
- MW: 15 meeting days
- TTh: 16 meeting days
- MTW: 23 meeting days
- TWTh: 23 meeting days
- MTWTh: 31 meeting days
- • 12 Week Session (May 15 – August 2)
- MW: 21 meeting days
- TTh: 24 meeting days
- MTW: 33 meeting days
- TWTh: 35 meeting days
- MTWTh: 45 meeting days
|Meeting Days||1 s.h||2 s.h.||3 s.h.||4 s.h.||5 s.h.||Sessions|
|16||46||93||140||NA||NA||6 week, 8 week|
|23||NA||65||97||130||163||6 week, 8 week|
Four-Week Session Details
- All courses must be offered in the morning and end by 12:30 p.m.
- Class start times are noted below by semester (credit) hour.
- All courses utilizing University Classrooms must be scheduled on the MTWTh meeting pattern.
Four-Week Session Approved Class Time Model
1 s.h. - MTWTh
- 8:30 am - 9:25 am
- 9:30 am - 10:25 am
- 10:30 am - 11:25 am
- 11:30 am - 12:25 pm
2 s.h. - MTWTh
- 8:30 am - 10:10 am
- 9:30 am - 11:10 am
- 10:30 am - 12:10 pm
3 s.h. - MTWTh
- 8:30 am - 11:10 am
- 9:30 am - 12:10 pm
4 s.h. (Non-Lab Course Only) - MTWTh
- 8:30 am - 12:05 pm
5 s.h. - Not Applicible
Final Exam Note- Reserved last Friday of session for final Exam
Eight-, Six-, and Twelve-Week Session Details
- Generally speaking, eight-week courses are preferred to be offered prior to 12:30 p.m. while six- and twelve-week classes are preferred to be offered in the afternoon beginning at 12:30 p.m. An attempt to minimize afternoon classes is desired to reduce energy consumption whenever feasible.
- Approved class times START on the half hour beginning at 8:30 a.m. Classes will end by 6:00 p.m. unless space can be found in an open building coordinated with Utilities and Energy Management to maximize campus energy savings. It is encouraged that departmental teaching spaces follow a similar scheduling pattern.
- All courses within the eight-, six-, and twelve-week sessions in university classrooms must be scheduled in the following meeting patterns: 2 days per week as MW or TTh; 3 days per week as MTW or TWTh; 4 days per week as MTWTh.
During the summer session, faculty have the opportunity to administer the final exam/cumulative assessment activity for their course either:
- during their last regularly scheduled course meeting time or
- faculty may request to be given a final exam assignment on the respective final exam date for their sub-session.
For detailed instructions regarding the final exam day assignment needs, please see http://www.registrar.uiowa.edu/Student/ExamInformation/FinalExamSchedule...