Most Recent Bookstore Uploads
- ICON Direct: uploaded daily
- Iowa Hawk Shop and University Bookstore: uploaded daily
- ISBA (Law): Spring 2021 - 1/13/21
Iowa Hawk Shop/University Bookstore Information
Follett Discover (Textbook/Resource Ordering)
The Iowa Hawk Shop/University Bookstore utilizes Follett Discover, a system where Departmental Administrators and Faculty can place textbook/resource orders online.
Please visit our Follett Discover help page for instructions and additional resources.
Hawk Shop Contact Person
Sherry Sinnott, Course Materials Manager, Iowa Hawk Shop
UPDATE/NEW: No Textbook Required/No Materials to Adopt
Using Follett Discover, individuals can indicate "No Materials to Adopt" for their course(s). ITS programming (in place soon) will bring this selection over to MAUI, updating the course section and bringing the section into compliance.
Going forward, we recommend providing "No Materials to Adopt" information to the bookstore instead of entering it into MAUI as "No Textbooks Required." Information will flow from Follett to MAUI, but not from MAUI to Follett. Since the Iowa Hawk Shop/University Bookstore now tracks textbook/resource compliance it is most efficient to provide the information at the time the order is placed.
Please update your processes for future courses where a textbook/resource will not be needed. You need not update information previously entered in MAUI.
- If you place orders with a local bookstore you must also place the same order with the Iowa Hawk Shop.
- Do not place textbook/resource information in the MyUI Courses or MyUI Sections areas in MAUI. Textbook/resource information added in these areas may be deleted by the Office of the Registrar.
- Please do not use the Other Resources and Additional Information area to enter ISBN information or book titles. Instead please order the items through the bookstore(s).
- Please do not list other bookstores (local or online) in the Other Resources and Additional Information field. Instead, utilize the course syllabus to provide the information.
Textbook/Resource Compliance Guidelines
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) requires that book titles, ISBN numbers and prices of required and recommended books and other materials for any course are included on the institution's electronic schedule of courses in time for student registration.
The Office of the Provost encourages instructors to place their textbook order by Early Registration with either ICON Direct, Iowa Hawk Shop and University Bookstore, or the ISBA Law Bookstore as the result of an electronic data upload process. When the departmental representative places an order with the chosen location, a data feed of required textbook details including the ISBN will be returned by direct feed into MAUI Offerings Planner. Once the data feed has been returned to MAUI, a departmental representative will be able to choose if the textbook is required, recommended, or optional.
All textbook and resource orders should be finalized in MAUI by Early Registration, but no later than four weeks prior to the start of the semester in which the textbook is to be used by students. If textbook or resource orders cannot be placed by this time, departmental representatives now have the option to indicate their extenuating circumstances in MAUI. These options include: instructor not assigned, course under development, or materials not available. Textbook information is only required for Lecture and Standalone sections. Textbook information is not required for related sections such as: lab, discussion, lab/discussion, and independent study.