University of Iowa Duplicate Diplomas
How to Obtain a Duplicate Diploma
If you need a duplicate diploma you can use the Credential Order Form* on the CeCredential Trust website to submit your order.
Please allow 3 weeks for your diploma to be printed and mailed to you. International orders may take longer.
- Your name on the diploma will appear as it does on your UI student records unless you submit the Name Change Form with the required documentation to support the name change.
- All duplicate diplomas will have the notation "Duplicate diploma issued" with the issue date in the lower left corner. All signatures will reflect current university and state officials.
- A duplicate copy of a diploma will not be issued to former students whose University account is restricted for past due U-Bill payment.
- All UI Diplomas are 8 1/2" x 11".
- If sent to a domestic (U.S.) address the diploma will be sent through US Postal Service. If being sent to an International address, it will be sent by USPS International Air Mail with a tracking number.
- If you require FedEx delivery, once printed the diploma can be sent to the University of Iowa where it can be processed for FedEx delivery. Email email@example.com when you order the duplicate diploma to request FedEx delivery. FedEx charges are billed through the University Billing Office. Please contact University Billing Office to find out more about payment options.
- U.S./Domestic FedEx - Standard Overnight - $15 domestic shipping fee
- International FedEx - International Priority - $45 international shipping fee
A CeDiploma (digital diploma) is an image of your paper diploma, but presented in an electronic, secure and verifiable format. Alumni who graduated prior to 2022 are able to order a CeDiploma through CeCredential Trust. Once in your possession, it can be shared with future employers, family, and friends, and it is yours to keep forever. This type of credential is a good alternative to a notarized diploma. An Apostille may not be required.
Each CeDiploma can be validated through University of Iowa's CeCredential Validation webpage by future employers, state government licensing agencies, and any other entity that wishes to verify or validate your degree. The document is highly secure, digitally signed and encrypted, making it a trusted and readily accepted credential. For security reasons, the digital credential cannot be printed.
For more information: https://secure.cecredentialtrust.com/cecredential/overview/
Notarized Copies of University of Iowa Diplomas
A notarized copy is a photocopy of an existing diploma printed on security paper, notarized, and embossed with the University of Iowa's seal. Notarized copies require a full-sized photocopy or scanned image of a University of Iowa diploma. You must have your original University of Iowa diploma or a duplicate copy of your diploma in order to obtain notarized copies. There is no charge for up to 5 notarized copies of your diploma.
If you are ordering a duplicate diploma through CeCredential Trust, you will need to wait until your receive your diploma, scan it and send a PDF copy of the diploma to us as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a photocopy to Graduation Services, 2700 UCC, Iowa City, IA 52242. If questions arise, please call (319) 335-0296.