Please note: The Office of the Registrar has resumed normal operations; the following information reflects historical operational and policy updates due to COVID-19.
See the University of Iowa COVID-19 website for the most up to date information.
For fall 2020 courses, contact reg-maui-support to discuss course cancellations prior to notifying students or asking them to drop courses. We know this is a change from our usual practice. We need to consider the course's impact on gateway opportunities, major requirements, pre-req criteria, graduation impact, or any sections that are offered with another college that is vital to another discipline.
Update 5/12/2020: The Office of the Registrar will not process any request to change or cancel course offerings for Fall 2020 without approval from the Office of the Provost.
COVID-19 Course Cancellation Steps
- Change the Registration Status of the course from Open to Pending.
- Do NOT notify students.
- Contact reg-maui-support and indicate you need to cancel a course. Include the course number and session. If alternate courses are available to suggest to students, please include the course number(s).
- The Office of the Registrar will reach out to the Office of the Provost to determine if the course cancelation is appropriate.Once approval is received, the Office of the Registrar will adjust student enrollment and work with the department to contact students.
- Once approval is received, the Office of the Registrar will adjust student enrollment and work with the department to contact students.
- After all students have been removed from the course, the Office of the Registrar will cancel the course.
Please feel free to call reg-maui-support at 319-467-0781 or email us if you have any questions.