Parts of a course number
- RHET is the department subject code (RHET or Rhetoric)
- 1030 following the first colon is the course number that indicates the level of the course
- 0001 after the second colon is the section of the course which can be numbers, letters, or a combination depending on whether the section is a stand-alone, lab, lecture, or discussion
Course levels are defined below.
Course levels (Effective Fall 2014)
- From 0000-0999 are Remedial
- From 1000-2999 are lower-level undergraduate courses
- From 3000-4999 are upper-level undergraduate and graduate courses
- From 5000-7999 are graduate-level courses (Except in the College of Engineering where numbers 5000-5999 designate upper-level undergraduate/graduate)
- From 8000-9999 are professional-level courses
Course levels (Pre-Fall 2014)
- Below 100 – for undergraduate;
- from 100 – 199 for undergraduates and graduates;
- 200 or above for graduates.