An official transcript is a certified record of the academic work done at the University of Iowa. It includes courses, grades, and credit hours earned along with any degrees conferred.
Who can order
- University of Iowa Current and Former students
- PSEO (Post Secondary Enrollment Option) - High School Students taking University of Iowa courses
- BIZinnovator, STEMinnovator and PLTW (Project Lead the Way) - students who took courses at their high school as part of these programs and submitted for credit at the University of Iowa
- Closed/Defunct school students - You can choose to order a paper transcript
Types of transcripts
- Paper - Any student can order an official paper transcript
- Electronic - Current and former University of Iowa students. Secure PDF transcripts are official only to the recipient. There are no markings or seal on the PDF to indicate it is a University of Iowa transcript. Please allow a minimum of one business day for the delivery of the electronic transcript. Recipients will receive an email for retrieval of the transcript and the student will receive an email when the PDF has been opened. Deliveries are valid for 30 calendar days OR 20 viewings.
- Closed/Defunct School transcripts - See the list of closed/defunct schools here. We can only send a paper transcript for these schools, we cannot send electronic.
Where to order - Transcript request forms webpage
- Online Transcript Request Form
- Printable Transcript Request Form
- In Person – UI Service Center - 2700 UCC (University Capitol Centre)
- MyUI - processed the next business day
- Online Transcript Request Form 1-2 business days to process
- Printable Transcript Request Form 1-2 business days to process after order has been received
- In person – immediately unless a Closed/Defunct school request – those can take 1-2 business days
Cost and Delivery Fees
- There is no charge for University of Iowa transcripts.
- Closed or defunct school transcripts are $16.00 per copy.
- Regular US postal mail – Domestic or International = free
- Fax (unofficial) - University of Iowa = Free
- Fax (unofficial) - Closed/defunct school = $7.00
- FED EX - We cannot Fed Ex an order to a PO Box, it will not be delivered.
- Domestic Fed Ex - Next Business Day = $15.00
- International Fed Ex - International Priority = $45.00
- University Billing will send you a paper bill after the order is processed. There are options to pay online - https://ubill.fo.uiowa.edu/how-guides.
The Office of the Registrar does not provide unofficial transcripts. Since there is no charge for the University of Iowa official transcript you can order one to be sent electronically to any email address you enter. This is the quickest way to get the information. If you order it sent to your own email, you can save it and then send to anyone asking for an unofficial copy. You also have access to your Completed Grades or grade report in MyUI which can be used for an unofficial transcript but it is not formatted to print with your name and ID.