Grading Option Change Form 

The Grading Option Change Form is used to change a student's grading option from letter grades to pass/non-pass (P/N), satisfactory/fail (S/F), or satisfactory/unsatisfactory (S/U) grades for a specific course. All colleges have different policies with regard to grading options. It is the student's responsibility to understand their college's grading policies before completing the form.

The completed from with required signatures should be submitted to the UI Service Center - 2700 University Capitol Centre (UCC) for processing. The form can be dropped off in person between 8am - 4:30pm weekdays or emailed as a pdf to or faxed to 319 335-1999. 

Required signatures: Advisor and instructor signature for all students including those admitted to the Tippie College of Business.

After last day to add without dean approval, students must also obtain appropriate dean signature.

  • Undergraduates: Degree- and nondegree-seeking students need dean of college that the course is offered in.  
  • Graduates: Degree- and nondegree-seeking students need dean of Graduate College.
  • Professional: Need dean of college student is enrolled in.