If your Program of Study has never had a Sample Plan in MAUI before, or if you want to create a new Sample Plan with a different additional description for your Program of Study, you will want to use the "Create a Sample Plan" workflow form.
This form may be found in MAUI by clicking on the Registrar tab, then clicking Sample Plans under Academic Structure. To open the workflow form, click on "Create a Sample Plan" under Sample Plan Workflow on the left-hand side. If you don't see this link, you may need to open your sidebar by clicking on the arrow in the bottom left of the screen.
- Start Sessions always begin in the fall, similar to the General Catalog cycle.
- Choose your College and Program of Study
- Plan Description is not a required field. Plan Description is used to distinguish between multiple Sample Plans for a single Program of Study. Example: Public Health BS Starting with General Chemistry and Public Health BS Starting with Principles of Chemistry.
- Number of Years determines how many years will be in your plan. If the plan is designed for first-year undergraduate students you will most likely want to choose "4." If students do not enter the program immediately but it typically takes them three years to complete, then choose "3." Transfer plans will most likely be two years.
- Start Term is determined by the semester your plan begins. If the plan is designed for first-year undergraduate students you will most likely choose fall. If students begin the program in the spring semester, choose spring. This term will be the first semester listed on your sample plan.
- Build Years will populate the form with your selected preferences.
Click the check box next to a term where you want to enter information. The text boxes are designed to allow for manually entering mile markers or copying and pasting from another document.
As a reminder: mile markers may be attached to a certain year, term, or listed as Academic Career. Only mile markers that are associated with a specific year and term will pull into a student's MyPlan in that term.
Include any footnotes or additional comments at the bottom of the form.
If you would like to complete your form at another time, select "Save for later." You can return to your form by selecting "Form Search" on the left-hand side of the MAUI Sample Plans page.
Select "Submit to Workflow" to send the form to the Sample Plans team. After the Sample Plans team enters the information into MAUI, the form will return to you to review. Any changes needed at this point should be emailed to the Sample Plan team at email@example.com.
Once you have reviewed the plan to include all degree requirements and college requirements, click "Approve" to send the sample plan to the collegiate stop in Universal Workflow.