Student Academic Services Users Group - May 2, 2018 Meeting Minutes
Time and Location:
2 - 3 pm Wednesday, May 2, 2018 - 2025D UCC
1. Distance and Online Education
Dawn Freerks from the Division of Continuing Education talked about the new organizational structuring of Division of Online Education within University College. The full presentation can be found here: dce_doe_uc_merger_handout.pdf
2. ICON Direct (Unizin)
Annette Beck and Ross Miller from ITS presented an update from the ICON Direct (Unizin) project and the Affordable Content Initiative. The full presentation can be found here: icon_direct_presentation.pdf
There is also a newsletter article which can be found of the Office of Teaching, Learning, and Technology website.
3. Planner Remaining Open for Planning Courses
Renee Houser and Char Maher from Offerings Planner - Office of the Registrar discussed how the Offerings Planner module in MAUI will remain open for sections in planning status during the planner closed period. Users will still need to wait until the planner reopens to submit any sections to workflow.
4. Syllabus Report
Jessica Alberhasky from REG-MAUI-Support - Office of the Registrar showed a new syllabus report in MAUI. This reports shows which of the chosen sections are required to have a syllabus and which ones have attached a syllabus.
The report can be found in MAUI > Reports > Registrar > Course Offerings > Syllabus Report
Important Upcoming Dates
- Spring 2018 Close of Classes - May 4
- Spring 2018 Final Grades Submission - May 2 to May 16
- Spring 2018 Commencement Ceremonies - May 10 to May 13
- Summer 2018 Prerequisite Drop Date (Non UI Coursework) - May 10
- Summer 2018 Final Exam Schedule Published
- Summer 2018 First Day of Classes (12wk, 4wk, 6wk I) - Tuesday May 15
- Summer 2018 Prerequisite Drop Date (UI Coursework) - May 17
Remember to tag any commencement related stories with #UIGrad18
Previous meeting minutes and future meeting invites can be found on the Office of the Registrar's website.