Follett Discover is the Iowa Hawk Shop/University Bookstore's preferred method to receive textbook and resource orders from Departmental administrators and Instructors.
Follett Discover Access
There are two ways to access the Follett Discover system:
- Log-in using the Follett Discover Website
- Locate the Follett Discover link on ICON
There are two types of access: Concierge (for Departmental Administrators) Access and Faculty Access
Follett Discover Resources and User Guides
The following resources are available to assist with Follett Discover navigation and use:
- Follett Discover - Concierge User Guide (for Departmental Administrators)
- Follett Discover - Faculty User Guide
- View the Follett Discover Demo Video
- Follett Discover Frequently Asked Questions
Additional Ordering Options
Textbook and Resource orders may also be received by sending an order to Helen Hansen at the Iowa Hawk Shop/University Bookstore.
When ordering via email or in person please be prepared to provide the following information:
- ISBN, Title and Author
- Department, Course and Section Number
- If the book is Recommended or Required
Reporting No Textbooks Required
There are two ways to indicate there are no textbooks required for a course.
- Indicate "No Materials to Adopt" on the course card in Follett Discover.
- PLEASE NOTE: Courses with "No Materials to Adopt" listed in Follett Discover will update in MAUI to show "No Textbooks Required" and the course section will be in HEOA compliance.
- Indicate "No Textbooks Required" in MAUI. Instructions can be found on the Textbook and Resource Management page.
Please review the following Frequently Asked Questions regarding Follett Discover. A comprehensive list of FAQs is provided above under the Follett Discover Resources and User Guides header.
Follett Discover FAQs
Why do you need adoptions (orders) so early?
For us to obtain the books for the students, we need plenty of time to locate the books and find as many used copies as possible. The sooner we start looking the more used copies we will find. If a book is a custom book, package or older edition, we need to have plenty of time to get the books ordered and into the store.
My course is not listed, what do I need to do?
The bookstore receives imports from the University of Iowa into our system. If you do not see your course, we have not received the information to connect you to the course. Please contact Helen Hansen if you do not see your course.
What if my order is wrong or I need to make a change in the system?
You can go in and make changes in the system. If you are unable to enter the information please contact Helen Hansen for assistance.
How long does it take for the bookstore to approve my order?
We usually receive the order within an hour of you placing it. Depending on timing and scheduling, it may take a little bit of time to process the order. File uploads from the University Bookstore to MAUI occur each night. If you have waited more than 2 working days (Mon-Fri), please contact Helen Hansen to see if the order is in process.
There is an e-book showing in my course. I did not request an e-book, so why is it there?
The Follett system automatically adds e-books to match the textbook. Most students have used eBooks in high school and prefer the e-book version. If you do not want the e-book listed in your course, contact Helen Hansen to have them removed.
What if I don’t need a book?
There is a box to check under the course with the verbiage "I have no materials to adopt for this course."