If you decide to drop all your course work (even if you are only registered for one course) during the semester, you must process a Withdrawal of Registration. You do not need to submit Change of Registration forms to remove your courses. 

Withdrawal Process

Once the session has begun, all withdrawals for students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the Graduate College, and the Tippie College of Business begin by requesting a Student Withdrawal Form at the Registrar's Service Center. The service center will inform the student if additional signatures are required.

Students admitted to University College or programs through Distance and Online Education may email their request to withdraw to dce-registration@uiowa.edu.

Students in the Colleges of Dentistry, Engineering, Law, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Carver College of Medicine; and the Tippie School of Management should obtain a Student Withdrawal Form in the office of the dean of their college. 

A withdrawal is not in effect until you have returned your completed form to the Registrar's Service Center and it has been processed.  

Effects of Withdrawal

For specific deadline dates to withdraw and the percent of tuition that will be refunded, see the Academic Calendar on the Office of the Registrar's web site.