TO: Students with Overdue UBill
FROM: Larry Lockwood, Assistant Provost/University Registrar
RE: Your Overdue U-Bill and Upcoming Early Registration
DATE: March 8, 2016
As of March 8th, 2016 our records indicate a hold on your registration due to a past due University Bill.
- If you have already made your payment please disregard this e-mail.
- If you do not plan to register for summer 2016, contact the University Billing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your past due balance.
There are ways you may be able to get registered once your past due U-bill balance is $500 or less.
- Pay your past due balance below $100 and your registration restriction is automatically removed.
- You can sign a form in the University Billing Office allowing $200 from your Fall '16 financial aid refund to be applied to your past due balance. You must have your 16-17 award package for this to be taken into consideration.
- If you have a past due balance of $500 or less and can pay that past due amount in full by Friday April 8th, 2016 then email email@example.com with your promise to pay the past due amount by April 8th. The balance must be paid by then or your registration could be voided. After April 7th, 2016 we can no longer accept "promise to pay" emails.
- If you have extenuating circumstances beyond your control you could fill out the Request Form, detailing how and when you will pay off any remaining past due balance. Email your completed Request Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be contacted via your University of Iowa email account with an answer to your request as soon as possible. Remember, you can register for Summer classes until the day before the session/course begins.
Please contact the Office of the Registrar if you have any questions at email@example.com
Please include your University ID number or Hawk ID in any correspondence.