Students will be able to drop and add courses for the first five days of the session via MyUI rather than using the paper Change of Registration Form. This option ends at 11:59 p.m. before the sixth business day of the session (Monday, January 21st at 11:59 p.m. for the Spring 2019 session). The exceptions are:
- Students will not be able to drop their only (last) course on MyUI once the spring session begins.
- Any off-cycle sections (sections that do not meet for the full length of the session) that have already begun during the first five days of the session will not be available for students to add on MyUI.
- If a course requires special permission, please contact the department offering the course to request special permission before adding the course on MyUI.
- Students can join a waitlist if the option is available on MyUI. Students should not use a Change of Registration Form until the waitlist is no longer accessible.
- Student Athletes and International Students may add courses on MyUI but additional permissions will be required to drop courses. Please click here for more information.
- Selected Iowa MBA program students are not allowed to participate in this five day period. They are required to use the Change of Registration Form. Professional MBA students should view program-specific instructions available here.
Beginning Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 the sixth business day of the session, students will be able to drop courses in MyUI once they have obtained required permissions. Students must process adds, section changes, and hours changes by submitting a Change of Registration Form with required signatures to the UI Service Center.
For more information regarding registration, please visit the Office of the Registrar Registration webpage.