Returning Students Summer 2021
NEW IN SUMMER 2021 Students can now drop and add courses through MyUI, even when courses have started. Please visit Changes in Registration for the latest updates, instructions and permissions needed.
OR if having issues with any changes on MyUI students can still make changes by submitting a completed Change of Registration Form with required signatures to the UI Service Center or as a pdf attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students will not be able to drop their only (last) course on MyUI if the course has started. If the student is not going to add any other courses in any sub-session then they should process a withdrawal of entire registration in MyUI (even if only one course). If students plan to drop their last course but enroll in another course in any sub-session they should enroll in the other course first which will allow them to drop the first course.
- Any off-cycle sections (sections that do not meet for the full length of the session) that have already begun will be available for students to add on MyUI.
- If a course requires special permission, an add can be initiated but please contact the department offering the course to be sure you meet the requirements for special permission.
- Students can join a waitlist if the option is available on MyUI. Once a waitlist has expired, you may initiate an add in MyUI if you were not offered a seat. You will need to obtain the required permissions.
- Student Athletes and International Students may add courses on MyUI but additional permissions will be required to drop courses. Please click here for more information.
- Selected Iowa MBA program students are not allowed to participate in this five day period. They are required to contact their program coordinator to make changes. Professional MBA students should view program-specific instructions available here.
Note: While we encourage you to use MyUI to process changes. When your change cannot be processed in MyUI, paper Change of Registration Forms can still be processed by the UI Service Center. Please consider emailing the signed forms as a pdf attachment to email@example.com, faxing to 319 335-1999, campus mail to UI Service Center 2700 UCC or dropping the form off at 2700 UCC. If dropping in you will be required to wear a face covering and follow social distancing guidance and may need to wait to enter until space allows. Our office is closed each day from 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm.