Evening midterm exam needs are submitted online via MAUI. Academic Department Administrators with course creation/edit access can submit evening midterm exam needs.
- Log into MAUI.
- Click on the Registrar tab at the top of the page.
- Under Course Management, click on Offerings Planner.
- Located on the left hand side of the screen under Planner Menu, select Exam Needs.
How to complete the "Midterm Exam Needs" Application
Select the subject for which you are the administrative home department in the Subject dropdown menu and then select Go.
Select the applicable session from the drop-down menu on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Course section data is based on real time data.
- Only approved lecture and stand-alone course sections qualify to have exam assignments given to them.
- Courses will only appear under their administrative home department and only the administrative home department may indicate the exam assignment needs of a course section.
- All departments can view the exam needs of any other department.
- Departments can submit evening midterm exam assignment needs through this application at any point during the session. The needs can be edited only until Classroom Scheduling has created the evening midterm exam assignment. Once an evening midterm exam assignment has been created by Classroom Scheduling, departments may only view their submitted needs.
Select the Subject:Course for which you want to indicate exam assignment needs.
- Select the "Midterm Exam Needs" link to the right of the course.
Designate Type of Exam Needs
Designate the type of evening midterm exam date/time assignment needed for a course section(s) by selecting the applicable Section Number(s) and the appropriate exam assignment action: (1) Assign Individual Exam, or (2) Assign Combined Exam.
Designate Date and Time Assignment Needs
Indicate the date and time period the exam is needed. Approved evening midterm exam periods are: 6:30pm-8:00pm (1½ hours), 6:30pm-8:30pm (2 hours), 8:45pm-10:15pm (1½ hours), and more than two hours needed.
- If a course/section exam requires more than the standard 1 ½ or 2 hour time period, select More than two hours needed from the Exam Time drop down list.
- Enter the duration of your evening midterm exam in minutes (not hours).
- Please note: Exams lasting longer than two hours will begin at 6:30pm and will require the approval of the departmental DEO.
Designate Classroom Needs
Indicate the classroom needs for each exam assignment requested by selecting the applicable option in the Registrar-Scheduled Classroom Required? list: (1) No University Classroom Needed; (2) University Classroom with Single Seating Preferred; or (3) University Classroom with Double Seating Preferred.
- All requests for university classroom accommodations will be made as classroom resources allow. Requests will be accommodated as fully as possible in as few rooms as possible and as close together as possible. Careful consideration should be taken when requesting double seating (two seats per student) as multiple classroom facilities will more than likely be assigned given the available university classroom pool and their seating capacities.
- To assist faculty with their exam arrangements, university classrooms with an actual seating capacity of 100 or more have been outfitted with seat and row number identifications. Seating layout plans for these rooms are available on the Classrooms website. Some faculty have found it possible to employ the use of single seating by using these layouts to create an assigned seating chart for their exam.
- Special classroom or scheduling needs for the requested exam may be included in the Special Needs column. This would include needs such as: the exam should be given a combined assignment with a different subject:course:section; the exam will be open book and would prefer table and chair seating if possible; or a department room will be assigned for the exam.
- Requests to use specific university classrooms will only be given consideration in those situations where specialized equipment is required, such as TILE classroom usage.
Designating More Than One Exam Date for a Course/Section
If a course/section requires more than one evening midterm exam date, select Add Another Exam on the right hand side of the request box.
- Additional needs boxes will appear – enter the exam information for each date you need an evening midterm examination.
Save the Request
Finally, click SAVE to save your exam assignment needs. Departments may change their requested evening midterm exam assignment needs and re-save them at any time until the exam assignment has been created by Classroom Scheduling.
A .pdf of the Evening Midterm Exam Needs Submission Instructions with pictures/screenshots, can be found here: How to Submit Evening Midterm Exam Needs