The following information is relevant for fall 2021 courses, and will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Fall 2021 courses published to MyUI on March 1. We will continue to process new course and course change requests in the order they are received. As a reminder, when a course is sent through for revisions, the course is temporarily unavailable for students to use while building schedules in MyUI.
- The University has decided to continue to use MERV-13 filters in buildings where they are currently being utilized. In fall 2020 and spring 2021, classes that were in buildings where it was not possible to use the MERV-13 filters were reassigned. The decision has been made to continue this practice in fall 2021.
- To assist with the reassignment of these class sections, as well as provide us with more flexibility, the decision has been made to move class sections with maximum enrollments of 150 or more to online for fall 2021. There will be a process by which colleges may request exceptions which is as follows:
- The Chair should contact the collegiate associate dean with any exception requests, including rationale for why the class(es) should be taught in person by Monday, February 1st.
- Collegiate associate deans should email Renee Houser with the list of approved courses, including the rationale for each by Friday, February 5th.
- On February 8th, the Office of the Registrar will manually process all lectures in the 150+ category that have not received an approved exception.
- We will resume the previous practice and policy that any section scheduled to be held as fully online/web Delivery Mode should be created as an EX* DOE section. However, lectures that will be manually adjusted by the Office of the Registrar, will retain their standard section number as an Academic Unit Course Management Type.
Please direct questions about fall 2021 course offerings to Classroom Scheduling.