You are receiving this message because you’re listed as either a Chair, Dean, Departmental Administrator, Department Executive Officer, or Director.
Call for Miscellaneous Fee Requests for 2019-20
Requests for new or revised miscellaneous (academic or administrative) fees for 2019-20 are to be received by the chair of the miscellaneous fee committee by August 25, 2018, using the Miscellaneous Fee Request Form available here. Include an explanation of how the fee will be used and a detailed accounting of the expenses to be covered by the fee. If approved by the Board of Regents, the new fee goes into effect the first day of the designated summer session, otherwise goes into effect the first day of the designated fall session (unless a later effective session is indicated on the form) and remains in effect until modified or removed. A separate call for new or revised course fees will be sent at a later date.
To submit an academic or administrative fee request:
- Faculty member submits the request to the Departmental Executive Officer (DEO), or
- P&S staff member submits the request to the Provost’s Office or to the appropriate university vice-president.
- If approved, the DEO forwards the request to the appropriate academic dean. For a new academic or administrative fee, the DEO must show evidence the fee has been discussed with the appropriate student group.
- If approved, the academic dean or the representative from the provost’s/vice president’s office forwards the request to the chair of the miscellaneous fee committee (Larry Lockwood, 2 Jessup Hall).
- The miscellaneous fee committee meets in September to review requests received by the deadline.
- The committee’s recommendations are sent to the Provost and the Vice-President for Finance and University Services.
- Fees endorsed by the Provost and the Vice-President for Finance and University Services are sent to the Board of Regents for final evaluation and decision.
Current year (2018-19) miscellaneous fees are viewable at http://registrar.uiowa.edu/miscellaneous-fees.