MyUI (Iowa's Student Information System) Alumni Accounts are for students who attended previous to 2003 and would like to order transcripts online or access their student records.
Former students who had a HawkID do not need an Alumni Account. For questions on your HawkID or password please contact the ITS Help Desk - 319-384-4357.
MyUI Alumni Accounts are created by the Office of the Registrar. Please call 319-384-4300 or 319-335-0229 to create an account or to have your password reset.
You will be asked several verifying questions before your account is created. An email will be sent to you with the User ID and password and instructions on how to log-in and use MyUI.
The best way to request an alumni account is by phone but if you are not able to call we can take a request by fax to 319-335-1999 or email attachment to email@example.com. Please state that you are requesting an alumni account or alumni account password reset.
The request must include your written signature, digital signatures are not accepted. Please include as much of the information below as possible
- Your full name and any former names
- Student ID number or SSN
- Birth date
- Email address
- Parent’s name
- Date last attended
- Degree earned
- Advisor name
- Names of a few courses you completed
- Names of other colleges you transferred credits in from
If we are able to process your request we will send the information to you by email.
If you are on the University of Iowa campus, you may also visit the office in person at the UI Service Center, 2700 University Capitol Center (UCC).
University policy requires MyUI passwords to be changed every 180 days. If your password expires you will not be able to login to MyUI until the Office of the Registrar resets it.
You will have access to your student records in MyUI including grades and your U-bill.
- Grades - Shows a full report of the grades on record with The University of Iowa.
- University Bill - Shows a current University Bill.
- Transcript Request - Official transcript(s) can be ordered and mailed to any address(es) you request. You will be billed via a U-Bill statement from the University Billing Office. The University does not accept credit cards as a payment option at this time. If you choose to order with a credit card additional service fees will apply. Your order will be placed through the National Clearinghouse, leaving the MyUI web-site.
- Verifications - Printable Verifications for test scores (ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL), degree verification (if applicable), and semester GPA summaries.
- National Student Clearinghouse - The University of Iowa has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent for verification of student enrollment status. You can obtain an official printed Enrollment Verification Certificate, at no cost, by accessing the Clearinghouse through MyUI. This certificate can be presented to health insurance agencies, housing authorities, consumer product companies, banks, etc. when you are required to provide official evidence of enrollment at The University of Iowa.
Note: The University of Iowa started participating in the Clearinghouse in the Fall of 2001. If you were enrolled previous to Fall 2001, you will not be able to use the National Student Clearinghouse to verify those sessions.