Step 1: Place textbook and resource orders at the Iowa Hawk Shop/University Bookstore via Follett Discover AND a preferred bookstore (optional) or with ICON Direct by early registration
When placing the order with the bookstore, please indicate the following items:
- ISBN Number
- Publisher and Copyright Year
- Purchasing Option (Required, Recommended, Optional)
- Please be aware that the Purchasing Option is not able to be updated in MAUI. This information should be provided to the bookstore at the time the order is place.
Step 2: Your University Bookstore and/or ICON Direct order will be automatically be uploaded to MAUI.
Departments do not need to enter textbook information manually into MAUI/MyUI.
Iowa Hawk Shop/University Book Store and ICON Direct files will be uploaded daily and will display on MyUI the following day. ISBA College of Law Bookstore orders will only be uploaded as data files are received from the bookstore. Please allow 1-2 business days for textbook/resource information to display on MyUI.
Departments who wish to place orders from local bookstores in addition to Iowa Hawk Shop/University Bookstore may continue to do so. Bookstore information will not display on MyUI and information about resources from local bookstores should be placed in the course syllabus.
More Upload Information:
- The data file will only assign textbook information to the course section on the file.
- Example: If the data file lists section 000A, then textbook information will only show for 000A in Offerings Planner.
- Related sections (discussion or lab) will not be checked for compliance.
- The book store will list all lectures and stand-alone sections separately in the data file.
- All textbook line items will appear in MAUI/MyUI by default.
- Textbook data will not be overlaid as new data files arrive. If new textbook line items are added the textbook will be added to the preexisting list.
- Any information entered in MAUI under “Other Resources” or returned from one of the book stores above will be delivered to the Iowa Hawk Shop/University Bookstore through a data exchange process.
- If departments or instructors need to make an edit to a textbook, contact the book store directly so they can provide us with a new file as no edits can be facilitated on the MAUI screen.
Please click HERE to review our textbook ordering guide.