FROM: Larry Lockwood, Assistant Provost/University Registrar
TO: Student Enrolled in Spring 2016 Session
SUBJECT: Spring 2016 Registration Information
DATE: January 15, 2016
Classes at The University of Iowa begin Tuesday, January 19, 2016. You are receiving this email because you are currently enrolled for the Spring 2016 semester.
If you are not returning to the University this Spring semester, you must drop your entire Spring enrollment before January 19, 2016 to prevent being held responsible for your tuition and fee assessment.
Enrollment may be dropped by either:
- Dropping all your Spring courses by 11:59 p.m., January 18, 2016 on ISIS; or
- Faxing a statement with your signature to the Office of the Registrar (319 335-1999) indicating you will not return to the University for the Spring semester. Your signed fax must include your name, address, contact information (phone and email) and University ID number and be received in our office by 4:30 pm on January 15, 2016 or
- Sending a letter to the Registrar Service Center, 17 Calvin Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242 indicating you will not return to the University for the Spring semester. Your signed letter must include your name, address, contact information (phone and email) and University ID number and be postmarked no later than January 15, 2016 or
- Attach a statement with your hand written signature indicating you will not return to the university for the Spring semester in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org The signed attachment must include your name, address, contact information (phone and email) and University ID and be received in our email box by 4:30 pm on Friday, January 15, 2016.
Residence hall contracts must be canceled separately by sending the same information to University Housing and Dining, 4141 Burge Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242.
If you are returning to the University this Fall, please note:
- Classes begin on Tuesday, January 19, 2016.
- Spring Session 2016 Change in Registration as in the Fall 2015 session, students will be able to drop and add courses for the first 5 days of classes via ISIS rather than using the paper Change of Registration Form. This option ends at 11:59 p.m. before the sixth day of classes (Monday, January 25 at 11:59 p.m. for the Spring 2016 session). The exceptions are:
- Students will not be able to drop their only (last) course on ISIS.
- Any off-cycle sections (sections that do not meet for the full length of the semester) that have already begun during the first 5 days of classes will not be available for students to drop or add on ISIS.
- If a course requires special permission, you will still need to get that from the department before you can add the course on ISIS.
- Students can join a waitlist if the option is available on ISIS. Students should not use a Change of Registration Form until that option is no longer accessible. Please contact email@example.com or 319-384-4300 if there are problems with this feature.
- Selected Tippie School of Management MBA programs students are not allowed to participate in this 5 day period. They are required to use Change of Registration Form.
- Student Athletes may add courses on ISIS but drops require a paper Change of Registration Form with a signature from Athletics.Note: Paper Change of Registration forms can still be processed at the Registrar?s Service Center, 17 Calvin Hall if you are not able to make your changes using ISIS.
- Beginning Tuesday, January 26, 2016; all changes in registration for semester-length courses must be processed at the Registrar's Service Center, 17 Calvin Hall, using a Change of Registration Form with signatures of both advisor (except for students in the Tippie College of Business) and the instructor of the course and/or dean of the College (when required).
- Changes in registration for Distance Education courses (online, GIS, off-campus) can also be processed at the Division of Continuing Education, 250 CEF (319 335-2575) firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Change of Registration Form is available on the Office of the Registrar website or ISIS
The first Spring semester University Bill is due January 25, 2016. You can view and pay online via ISIS. Failure to make the minimum payment by that date will result in a late payment penalty being added to your account.
The Spring Academic Calendar is available on the Office of the Registrar?s website.