To: Departmental Administrators and Advisors
From: Office of the Registrar
Subject: Online Drop Authorization Process Reminder
Date: January, 19, 2017
Beginning Tuesday, January 24, 2017 all students can continue to drop courses on MyUI throughout the semester as long as they obtain the required permissions. Students will need to process adds, section changes, and hours changes by submitting a Change of Registration Form with required signatures to the Registrar’s Service Center.
The drop process:
- Students may indicate on MyUI their desire to drop a course. When students do this, they will be told what permissions are required (Advisor, Athletics, ISSS, Dean’s) and to contact the appropriate offices.
- Students will be informed that it is their responsibility to contact their advisor to request authorization for any drops. After discussing, advisors may initiate the drop on the student’s behalf in MAUI even if students haven’t initiated the drops on MyUI.
- Students will double check MyUI to see if they need any other authorizations. If not, they can complete the drop through MyUI. If other authorizations are needed (Athletics, ISSS, Dean’s) it is the student’s responsibility to contact those offices. Authorizations may be submitted electronically by those offices through MAUI.
- Students will be notified by email and a MyUI message once all authorizations have been granted and they can then complete the drop through MyUI.
Reminders and Enhancements for Spring 2017:
- Authorized MAUI users can initiate the drop process on behalf of the student through the Registration Change Authorization panel.
- The Drop process can be completed online up until the last day of Finals Week.
- The Registration Change Requests by Course and Registration Change Requests by Program reports in MAUI will allow authorized users to view all pending requests in their Courses and Programs.
- ISSS students can now drop without authorization for the 1st 5 days if they are not in an online course and the drop does not reduce them below full-time status.
- Students will receive an email reminder 1 week after all approvals have been granted, 1 week prior to the Dean’s approval deadline, and then one 4 weeks after Dean’s deadline.