To: Departmental Administrators, Advisors, and Instructors
From: Renee Houser, Associate Registrar
Subject: IMPORTANT Summer 2016 Information
Date: February 19, 2016
In preparation for summer 2016, several changes will be implemented to improve service to our growing summer student population.
Please note the following modifications that may affect you as a staff or faculty member:
Some courses will not meet on Monday, May 16, 2016
- The Office of the Registrar plans to contact all faculty, staff, and students related to these courses. Notification of the change in the start date will post on MyUI under "Registration Information"
- The Office of the Registrar requests that departments do not remove or edit the specific date text information in this field
- Contact minutes for the affected courses will be adjusted by the Office of the Registrar due to the loss of the class day
- Watch MyUI for necessary adjustments to the section contact times and possible classroom assignment modifications for pass time
- The additional day now accommodates improved transition in our residence halls for our students between spring and summer sessions
- MyUI Registration and Waitlist functionality for the 4 Week, 6 Week I, and 12 Week summer 2016 subsessions will continue until 11:59 p.m. Sunday, May 15, 2016
The types of courses impacted by this change are detailed here.
Separate summer and fall Early Registration Time
- In the past, students were assigned the same day and time for summer and fall Early Registration. Beginning in summer 2016 students will have a separate day and time for each session
- Faculty and Staff will still be able to authorize and grant special permission for both the fall and summer sessions at the same time
The new timeline is detailed here.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Office of the Registrar.