To: Enrolled Students in Fall 2017
From: Office of the Registrar
Subject: Fall 2017 Welcome Back to Students
Date: August 16, 2017
Classes at the University of Iowa begin Monday, August 21, 2017. You are receiving this email because you are currently enrolled or are eligible to enroll for the Fall 2017 session. Check your Fall 2017 schedule for updates/ changes to course times and locations. If you are not returning this session, please scroll to the end of this email for more information on removing your enrollment.
Students will be able to drop and add courses for the first five days of the session via MyUI rather than using the paper Change of Registration Form. This option ends at 11:59 p.m. before the sixth business day of the session (Sunday, August 27 at 11:59 p.m. for the Fall 2017 session). The exceptions are:
- Students will not be able to drop their only (last) course on MyUI once the fall session begins.
- Any off-cycle sections (sections that do not meet for the full length of the session) that have already begun during the first five days of the session will not be available for students to add on MyUI.
- If a course requires special permission, please see the department before adding the course on MyUI.
- Students can join a waitlist if the option is available on MyUI. Students should not use a Change of Registration Form until the waitlist is no longer accessible.
- Student Athletes and International Students may add courses on MyUI but additional permission will be required to drop courses. Please click here for more information.
- Selected Iowa MBA program students are not allowed to participate in this five day period. They are required to use the Change of Registration Form. Professional MBA students should view program-specific instructions available here.
Beginning Monday, August 21, the sixth business day of the session, students will be able to drop courses in MyUI with appropriate authorization. Students must process adds, section changes, and hours changes by submitting a Change of Registration Form with required signatures to the Registrar's Service Center.
For more information regarding registration, please visit the Office of the Registrar's Registration webpage.
Note: Paper Change of Registration Forms can still be processed at the Registrar's Service Center, 17 Calvin Hall if you are not able to make your changes using MyUI.
Students Not Returning
Students not returning to the University for Fall session must drop their entire Fall enrollment before August 21, 2017 to prevent being held for tuition and fee assessment.
Enrollment may be dropped before the session begins by either:
Once the session begins students must process a withdrawal if they wish to remove all their courses.
- Dropping all your Fall courses by Sunday August 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. for Fall 2017 on MyUI or
- Faxing, mailing, or emailing a statement with your signature to the Registrar's Service Center indicating you will not return to the University for the Fall session. Your statement must include your name, University ID number, address, and contact information (phone and email) and be received by Friday, August 18 at 4:30 pm.
- If students choose to withdraw (remove all courses) after the Fall session has begun please see the Withdrawl Information on our website. You will be responsible for a percentage of tuition and mandatory fees based on the date of the withdrawal.
Residence hall contracts must be canceled separately by sending the same information to University Housing and Dining, 4141 Burge Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242.
The first Fall session University Bill is due August 24, 2017. You can view and pay the U-bill online via MyUI. Failure to make the minimum payment by that date will result in a late fee.
The Fall Academic Calendar is available on the Office of the Registrar's website.