TO: Students registered or eligible to register for Fall 2015 semester
FROM: Larry Lockwood, Assistant Provost for Enrollment Services and University Registrar
RE: Fall semester information
DATE: August 20, 2015
Classes at The University of Iowa begin Monday, August 24, 2015. You are receiving this email because you are currently enrolled or are eligible to enroll for the Fall 2015 semester.
If you are NOT returning to the University this Fall semester
You must drop your entire Fall enrollment before August 24, 2015 to prevent being held responsible for your tuition and fee assessment.
Enrollment may be dropped by either:
- Dropping all your Fall courses by 11:59 p.m., August 23, 2015 on ISIS; or
- Faxing a statement with your signature to the Office of the Registrar (319 335-1999) indicating you will not return to the University for the Fall semester. Your signed fax must include your name, address, contact information (phone and email) and University ID number and be received in our office by 4:30 pm on August 21, 2015 or
- Sending a letter to the Registrar Service Center, 17 Calvin Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242 indicating you will not return to the University for the Fall semester. Your signed letter must include your name, address, contact information (phone and email) and University ID number and be postmarked no later than August 21, 2015 or
- Attach a statement with your signature indicating you will not return to the university for the Fall semester in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The signed attachment must include your name, address, contact information (phone and email) and University ID and be received in our email box by 4:30 pm on Friday, August 21, 2015.
Residence hall contracts must be canceled separately by sending the same information to University Housing and Dining, 4141 Burge Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242.
If you ARE returning to the University this Fall, please note:
- Classes begin on Monday, August 24, 2015.
- As in the Spring 2015 session, students will be able to drop and add courses for the first 5 days of classes via ISIS rather than using the paper Change of Registration Form. This option ends at 11:59 p.m. before the sixth day of classes (Sunday, August 30 at 11:59 p.m. for the Fall 2015 session). The exceptions are:
- Students will not be able to drop their only (last) course on ISIS.
- Any off-cycle sections (sections that do not meet for the full length of the semester) that have already begun during the first 5 days of classes will not be available for students to drop or add on ISIS.
- If a course requires special permission, you will still need to get that from the department before you can add the course on ISIS.
- Students can join a waitlist if the option is available on ISIS. Students should not use a Change of Registration Form until that option is no longer accessible. Please contact email@example.com or 319-384-4300 if there are problems with this feature.
- Selected Tippie School of Management MBA programs students are not allowed to participate in this 5 day period. They are required to use Change of Registration Form.
- Student Athletes may add courses on ISIS but drops require a paper Change of Registration Form with a signature from Athletics.
- Note: Paper Change of Registration forms can still be processed at the Registrar’s Service Center, 17 Calvin Hall if you are not able to make your changes using ISIS.
- Beginning Monday, August 31, 2015, all changes in registration for semester-length courses must be processed at the Registrar's Service Center, 17 Calvin Hall, using a Change of Registration Form with signatures of both advisor (except for students in the Tippie College of Business) and the instructor of the course and/or dean of the College (when required).
- Changes in registration for Distance Education courses (online, GIS, off-campus) can also be processed at the Division of Continuing Education, 250 CEF (319 335-2575) firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Change of Registration Form is available on the Office of the Registrar website or ISIS
The first Fall semester University Bill is due August 26, 2015. You can view and pay online via ISIS. Failure to make the minimum payment by that date will result in a late payment penalty being added to your account.
The Fall Academic Calendar is available on the Office of the Registrar’s website.
Please contact the Office of the Registrar or send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions.
The contents of this message are deemed critical for your success at the University of Iowa. Therefore, unsubscribing is not an option. The Office of the Registrar will make every effort to send informational messages only when necessary.