United States Postal Service (USPS) First Class Mail
USPS First Class Mail is the default method of diploma delivery for all students. Diplomas for new graduates will be sent to the address they provide as their Diploma Mailing Address on their degree application on MyUI, 6 - 8 weeks after graduation. If students do not list a Diploma Mailing Address the diploma will be mailed to the Residing Address the student lists on MyUI at the end of their graduating session. (If you are unsure where you will be residing approximately 6 weeks after graduation you may want to consider having your diploma sent to a parent address.)
Advantages of using USPS: Cost; there are no additional fees added to your U-Bill. However, if you provide an incorrect diploma mailing address and your diploma does not arrive you will be assessed a $10 reissue/remailing fee on your Ubill.
Disadvantages of using USPS: There is no tracking number with USPS First Class Mail.
Ask Diploma Mailing Services to Hold your Diploma for you
If you are unsure where you will be residing approximately 6 weeks after graduation you may want to request that Diploma Services hold your diploma for you to pick-up in person or mail to you at a later time, once you have established a new residing address. Your email request to have your diploma held should include:
- Your name
- Your University ID number
- The following text: I would like Diploma Services to hold my diploma for in-person pick up. I understand all future correspondence about picking up my diploma must come from my UI email address.
Fed Ex - Overnight delivery
Domestic Students may also request Fed Ex delivery of their diploma. If you wish to choose Fed Ex delivery please contact email@example.com. Your response with the required information is required no later than May 19, 2017.
Advantages of using FedEx: Faster and more reliable delivery (1-2 days after Fed Ex ships) with a tracking number to allow you to track the status of your shipment.
Disadvantages of using FedEx: Cost; there will be a $15 Fed Ex fee charged to your U-Bill for Domestic Fed Ex.
Your email request for FedEx Overnight should include:
- Your name.
- Your University ID number.
- The address - including postal code - where you would like your diploma delivered.
- An email address - other than your UI email address - that FedEx can use to contact you with your tracking number after your diploma has been shipped.
- A phone number that FedEx can use to contact you, if necessary.
- The following text: I would like my diploma sent by FedEx International Priority and agree to pay the fees assessed by FedEx that will be charged to my U-Bill.
It is your responsibility to make sure FedEx can deliver to the address you provide. If your diploma is returned to the UI because it cannot be delivered, the FedEx shipping fees and the return fees will be charged to your U-Bill.
To learn how to keep your UI Office 365 Email Account active, see Your Office 365 Account after Graduation. (Eligibility for your UI email account will end two years after graduation.)
Additional information about IT Services for Graduating Students can be found at Services Impacted by Graduation